Thursday, August 4, 2011

Big Girls Rock Cake

Sexy Girl Image
A client came to me, and wanted me to make her birthday cake. She wanted something fun, and different to match her big personality. At 1st she said "Can you make a big sexy girl coming out of a cake?" I said I don't think so, because I don't know how to do edible figures. Then I thought maybe I can get an edible picture of a sexy full figured woman,and just put it on the cake. It sounds real easy, but with my life I'm always thrown a curve ball. The client sent me 3 graphics of sexy big girls. It was one that she really liked with a girl licking an ice cream cone ( The picture to the left). I had this whole idea of an ice cream sexy big girl cake. I had it all set, so I thought. I purchased an custom edible image off of etsy.com. When I sent the image to the lady she couldn't use the image, because of the low resolution of the picture. The only picture she could use was the 3rd picture,so my whole sexy ice cream cake went out the window. As the days went by, I noticed I still didn't receive my purchase.I contacted the lady,and she said the image should arrive soon. Of course I went into panic mode,because it was 2 days before I had to make the cake. I happen to be on Amazon,and see this book on making characters for cakes. I rushed ordered it, and received it the next night. After receiving the book, I thought maybe I should try to fulfill her original dream,and do a sexy big girl coming out of a cake. The day before I tried to make the edible lady, she came out looking like an old lady with no teeth ( I wish I took a picture) lol. I swear I wanted to give up, but I knew I couldn't. Once I did my prayer,and went into pressure mode,everything started to flow. The cake is a sexy full figured woman (I made out of fondant),sitting in a bubble bath, reading a book that says big girls rock. The moral of the story is sometimes the things in life we may want may not always be the best, and that there maybe something else much better in store for us. I didn't see it at the time,but it was a good thing the edible image didn't come on time.It forced me to  be more creative, and I ended up with a better cake ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment